See also Nick
Reddan’s Deeds Project - a lmore systematic approach to assembling
notes on deeds. Mine is the magpie approach - each approach has its
strengths. So far, I have completed notes (of varying quality) on more than
6,100 memorials. Where they have been transcribed in full, there are links
to the annotated versions.
Sharon Oddie Brown.
2021-2022 Updates - Digital seaching benefits from being able to match old versions of townland names with the more current ones, so in 2021 I started adding hyperlinks for townland names. Also being added are any known links to pertinent family trees.
To find the names and townlands that are of interest, it helps to use the pages hyperlinked on the right of the map and then do a page search of the most likely ones. In time, Google's Site Search will eventually flag my more recent uploads, but that can take a while.
Deeds Research –links to my notes.
Made possible also because of a helpful tool
for finding townland indexes - thanks to Nick Reddan.
research focus has been on JACKSONs and/or OLIVERs, as well
as on the dozens of families with family, business or neighbour connections to them.
JACKSONs can be found in every county in both Northern Ireland and
the Republic of Ireland.
The OLIVERs of interest to me have been mostly in Northern Ireland.
Caught by the far-flung net of my searches are hundreds of other names as
well as hundreds of townlands.
- Books 1-30 (1708-121). Updated May 28, 2023.
- Books 31-75 (1718-1734). Updated May 28, 2023
- Books 76-100 (1722-1741)
Updated May 28, 2023
- Books 100-150 (1713-1752)Updated May 28, 2023
- Books 151-249 (1751-1766) Updated June 4, 2023
- Books 250-339 (1766-1780) Updated June 4, 2023.
- Books 341-409 (1777-1789) Updated June 4, 2023
- Books 410-499 (1789-1794) Updated May 15, 2023
- Books 500-619 (1795-1810) Updated Jan 19, 2023
- Books 620-750 (1810-1820) Updated June 6, 2023
- Books 751-899 (1820-1832) Updated June 7, 2023
- Later Deeds - starting 1825 Updated May 28, 2023
NOTE: As of June 2023 there were close to 3,000 pages of transcripts and notes on over 6,000 memorials - some only noted briefly, others almost in full. Because of length & uploading challenges, I split Bk 76-150 into two files: 76-100 & 100-150.
The date ranges overlap and are approximate. The date of the agreement and the date of the memorial can differ. I usually just record the date of the agreement.
OTHER PAGES OF MY NOTES ON DEEDS
NOTE: sometimes it helps to locate deeds when they are grouped in smaller sub-sets.
- Armagh 1708-1738 Land Index Added February 27, 2018
- Armagh Corporation 1708-1810 Memorials of Deeds from
the Townland Index The Armagh Corporation was a geographical area in the Barony of Armagh that
roughly encompassed the city of Armagh boundaries. My main focus in
this area is in the families that did business with or intermarried
with the OLIVERs.
- Co, Armagh Memorials of Deeds. in three parts: Part 1 (BK 1-329 - 1708-1779); Part 2 (Bk330 - 1779-1829); Later Deeds: 1830- . These notes help me to track various families and places in Co. Armagh of interest to me: JACKSONs, OLIVERs, McCULLAGHs and others.They now include many more hyperlinks to townlands.Updated: February 8, 2023.
- Coleraine - Annotated version . Updated July 13, 2016
- JACKSON Grantors 1708-1799 Added February 8.
- My personal checklist of a range of Grantors that I am looking into.
- JACKSONs in Dublin Deeds. NOTE: This was last
updated in 2012. It is due for a major update. In the meantime - see Dublin - Memorials of Deeds 1708-1725 - Updated in 2018.
- Dublin - Memorials of Deeds 1708-1725. NOTE:
These notes will be added to as I do more work in this area. Posted:
July 24, 2018
- Deeds mentioning JACKSONs & POOLEs. This was
compiled as part of my research to connect the POOLE and JACKSON
families of Co. Longford, Dublin & Kings Co. Added April 4, 2019
- Co. Longford - JACKSON connected deeds Added
April 4, 2019
- JACKSON & POOLE connected deeds - Longford,
Dublin & Kings Co. Added April 5, 2019
- 2018 GORE and SALE aka SALL deeds This is part of
exploring JACKSON-GORE-ASHE connections. Added April 5, 2019
- Town of Sligo - 1708-1739 Notes on deeds with a focus on JACKSONs. June