See also Nick
Reddan’s Deeds Project - a less idiosyncratic approach to assembling
notes on deeds. Mine is the magpie approach - each approach has its
strengths. So far, I have completed notes (of varying quality) on more than
5,000 memorials. Where they have been transcribed in full, there are links
to the annotated versions. Recently, I have also been adding hyperlinks to
the digital image of the memorial, or to information on the townlands
mentioned, or else to family trees and known family connections.
Sharon Oddie Brown.
Updated October 22, 2020
2021 Updates - In 2021 I am adding hyperlinks for townlands, bit by bit. This helps with digital seaching - matching old versions of the names with more current ones.
Deeds Research –links to my notes.
Made possible also because of a helpful tool
for finding townland indexes - thanks to Nick Reddan.
research focus has been on JACKSONs and/or OLIVERs, as well
as on the dozens of families connected to them.
JACKSONs can be found in every county in both Northern Ireland and
the Republic of Ireland.
The OLIVERs of interest to me have been mostly in Northern Ireland.
In the by-catch of my far-flung net there are hundreds of other names as
well as links to hundreds of townlands.
- Books 1-30. Updated Jan 27, 2021.
- Books 31-75. Updated Jan 28, 2021
- Books 76-150 Updated Feb 2, 2021
- Books 151-249 Updated Feb 2, 2021
- Books 250-339 Updated Feb 4, 2021
- Books 341-409 Updated Feb 5, 2021
- Books 410-499 Updated Feb 6, 2021
- Books 500-619 Updated Feb 8, 2021
- Books 620-750 Updated Feb 8, 2021
- Books 751-899 Updated Feb 9, 2021
- Later Deeds - starting 1825 Updated Feb 12, 2021
- 1708-1738 Land Index Added February 27, 2018
- Armagh Corporation 1708-1810 Memorials of Deeds from
the Townland Index The Armagh Corporation was a geographical area in the Barony of Armagh that
roughly encompassed the city of Armagh boundaries. My main focus in
this area is in the families that did business with or intermarried
with the OLIVERs.
- Annotated version of Deeds from Coleraine. Updated
July 13, 2016
- JACKSON Grantors 1708-1799 Added February 8.
- My personal checklist of Grantors that I am working
on - either transcribing or looking into.
- JACKSONs in Dublin Deeds. NOTE: This was last
updated in 2012. It is due for a major update. I plan to get to it
2018 (in the meantime - see Dublin - Memorials of Deeds 1708-1725 - updated
- Dublin - Memorials of Deeds 1708-1725. NOTE:
These notes will be added to as I do more work in this area. Posted:
July 24, 2018
- Deeds mentioning JACKSONs & POOLEs. This was
compiled as part of my research to connect the POOLE and JACKSON
families of Co. Longford, Dublin & Kings Co. Added April 4, 2019
- JACKSON connected deeds from Co. Longford Added
April 4, 2019
- JACKSON & POOLE connected deeds - Longford,
Dublin & Kings Co. Added April 5, 2019
- 2018 GORE and SALE aka SALL deeds This is part of
exploring JACKSON-GORE-ASHE connections. Added April 5, 2019
- 1708-1739 Notes on deeds in Town of Sligo. June
Count Updated April 2021